You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:
The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Users.
This is a 24" cutting plotter, capable of cutting a variety of thin materials under computer control. These materials are normally backed with a paper substrate. You adjust the blade to cut through the material, but not the paper.
The vinyl cutter is currently controlled by a dedicated windows machine, running ArtCut. Files can be transferred via USB stick.
If you are interested in cutting something without a substrate (e.g., paper or cardboard), you '''must''' use a [http://www.signwarehouse.com/p-PLTA-CR09300K-A3.html carrier sheet], in order to protect the Teflon strip in the cutter from damage. We do not currently have any carrier sheets.
* 45 degree blades (general purpose)
* 30 degree blades (thinner materials, higher resolution)
* 60 degree blades (thicker materials, lower resolution)
* 24" wide sign vinyl (white, black, and red) is available for purchase from Doug.
* additional vinyl, in the scrab bin, is free. Courtesy of Don.
* reusable pre mask film is available for purchase from Doug.
* 3M #1126 copper tape with conductive adhesive for making flexible circuits is not stocked; can be ordered.
=Manuals & Technical Documentation=
* [http://www.premiersign.co.uk/artcutmanual.htm ArtCut Manual]
This is a minor edit
Watch this page