Health and Safety
Kwartzlab has a Health and Safety policy in place and a Health and Safety committee. You will not find the policy here because it could be edited by anyone. If you'd like a copy of the policy, just ask using the information request form and it will be emailed to you. The policy is physically posted in the Kwartzlab kitchen for anyone to view.
If you're bringing a tool into the space and are concerned about safety or otherwise, please contact either the Tool Committee or the Health and Safety Committee first. Regardless the Tool Committee should be notified of any new tools coming into the space.
If you have any concerns regarding Health and Safety in the space, please feel free to contact us using our information request form found here http://kwartzlab.ca/contact/general
Thank you for your concerns regarding safety at the space
Some new ideas added by gus for meeting about safety in
1. if you do not know how to use a piece of equipment be responsible and find someone who knows how to use the equipment to show you.
2. do not use the power tools alone in the shop because if you hurt yourself there is no to help you.
3. do not use the equipment and/or the space in an inappropriate way.
4. if you break or damage a piece of equipment, let someone on the board know so they can fix or replace the equipment.
5. You work in the space at your own risk.
I would like to see this appended to the membership form so that members just initial beside the box indicating that they understand these safety things.