|Vinyl Cutter (Edit)|
This is a 24" cutting plotter, capable of cutting a variety of thin materials under computer control. These materials are normally backed with a paper substrate. You adjust the blade to cut through the material, but not the paper.
The vinyl cutter is currently controlled by a dedicated windows machine, running ArtCut. Files can be transferred via USB stick.
If you are interested in cutting something without a substrate (e.g., paper or cardboard), you must use a carrier sheet, in order to protect the Teflon strip in the cutter from damage. We do not currently have any carrier sheets.
- 45 degree blades (general purpose)
- 30 degree blades (thinner materials, higher resolution)
- 60 degree blades (thicker materials, lower resolution)
- 24" wide sign vinyl (white, black, and red) is available for purchase from Doug.
- additional vinyl, in the scrab bin, is free. Courtesy of Don.
- reusable pre mask film is available for purchase from Doug.
- 3M #1126 copper tape with conductive adhesive for making flexible circuits is not stocked; can be ordered.