Ubuntu Release Party
|Line 79:||Line 79:|
Revision as of 21:27, 5 October 2009
Release party for Ubuntu 9.10, the Karmic Koala.
Tentative date: October 29, 2009
- Advertise! Ideas needed.
- Finalize date.
- Design poster/handouts.
- Make announcement at KWLUG, Oct. 5
- Talk to UW CSC
- Get list of demos/talks
- Nag people to do demos/talks
- See if anyone has any interesting (or otherwise) hardware to lend.
- Arrange pizza/pop, coffee/tea/desserts
- Get projector for demos
- Set up local repo mirror
- Burn CDs on release day
- LightScribe discs?
- "Demo potluck": Demo stations (in the lab) with people presenting
- Each station has a theme?
- Main screen demos in the lab, with a projector.
- Food is important
- Show stuff that's new and cool. Show off the release.
5-15 minutes on tools, toys and gadgets. Shorter the better. Focus on general desktop user, and things a hacker can use to make cool stuff. Introductory developer demos welcome.
- Compiz (Ooh, pretty)
- Pulse Audio
- Ubuntu One
- gPodder for podcasts
- version control with git
- Rails zero to website in 5 minutes
- Writing a quick python GTK app
- The Gimp
- Tomboy Notes
- Running Windows in VirtualBox
- Command line fu
Again, the shorter the better...
- What's new in 9.10?
- Contributing to Ubuntu (and upstream and OSS in general)
- Ubuntu Canada LoCo
- need volunteers.
- Is anyone interested?
- T-shirt screening?
- It's Open Source Week!