Laser Cutter Maintenance
Monthly Maintenance Items
There's a number of maintenance items that need to be done periodically on our laser cutter:
- Cleaning of the cutting bed (honeycomb assembly) and the surface it sits on (Citrus cleaner works well)
- monthly cleaning for the laser cutter grid
- Align the laser cutter head to be vertical, and align the red dot to match
- Check cooling water level in the reservoir. Refill with distilled water as necessary.
- Cleaning the lens with acetone & q-tip (Source), Do not apply pressure to the lens!
There's also some projects that need to be taken care of in regards to the laser:
- Build ventilation spacers (strips of metal?) to go under the cutting bed. They need to be of precise thickness.
- Build a cleaning tray we can use to soak the cutting bed in
- Copper sensor is out of alignment. This is used to auto-focus the Z-axis.
- Replace the small fluorescent lamp that illuminates the cutting bed
Laser Maintenance Log
When you do work on the laser, leave your notes below. If you cover all the monthly maintenance items noted above, use 'Full Monthly Maintenance' in your description.
|Date||What was Done||Done by|
|6/16/2012||Laser table cleaned||Doug|