Kwartzlab Operating Procedure
- Kwartzlab is a diverse community. It is the responsibility of members to use the space, tools and resources amicably with other members.
- Kwartzlab is not an apartment; Sleeping or living out of the space is prohibited. (Napping is OK)
Safety is paramount at Kwartzlab. Adhere to our Health & Safety Policy at all times.
- The Society expects accountability of all our Members by enforcing a code based on Due Diligence. It is up to every Member to be involved in maintaining safety at the lab by acting in accordance with the policies the lab creates, teaches, enforces and tracks. We expect procedures will be followed to ensure the safety of all using the space.
- If ever a Member is found to be acting against Common Sense in relation to Health & Safety policy, a Representative of the Health & Safety Committee or a Board Member must be made aware of it immediately. Irresponsible behaviour can result in disciplinary action and/or removal from the Society.
- Do not override/remove/hack lockouts & safety features from any equipment.
- Members & guests must use appropriate Personal Protection Equipment provided by Kwartzlab.
- Members may bring personal guests into the space at any time, however you are responsible for your guest, their actions and use of the space.
- Guests who behave inappropriately (including but not limited to violating the Kwartzlab Operating Procedure) may be asked to leave the space by any member.
- If you bring a guest into the space, you must remain at Kwartzlab for the entire duration of the guest's visit.
Property & Projects
- If you have a project on a workbench, fill out a Parking Permit with your contact info and a date when the project will be cleaned up.
- Projects left unattended on a red zone table may be moved to a shelf by any member
- A storage bin is provided with membership. If you are in need of more than one, you may bring in your own.
- Please respect our limited storage space by only maintaining active projects in the space.
- Tables designated as red zones cannot be used for short-term or long-term project storage.
Access & Security
- Members receive an RFID card for 24/7 access. If you ever require a replacement, contact a board member.
- RFID cards are for members only, you may not distribute or share your card with non-members.
- Kwartzlab exterior doors may not be propped open outside of public events.
- If you are the last one in the lab, make sure all exterior windows and doors are closed securely.
A member can file a grievance with the Board by filling out the grievance form on the website. The form will be forwarded to all standing board members to be addressed immediately. (link to form) (In the meantime, please email admin AT kwartzlab.ca or bod AT kwartzlab.ca, if you'd like it to stay reasonably confidential).
Membership Suspension & Termination
A Kwartzlab member may face (up to one month) suspension if:
- They are two months behind on membership dues
- Are acting contrary to the Kwartzlab Operating Procedure
A Kwartzlab member may face termination (at a Member Meeting) if:
- They are three months behind on membership dues
- Harassment of others
- Destruction of property