The Kwartzlab Location Alternatives Research Project is a initiative to seek new space for the in the event our current space is either inadequate or unusable. The project also identifies potential opportunities for collaboration with other groups for renting larger space or the possibility of buying property.
- 3000-8000 sqft. of light industrial space
- Concrete floors for heavy equipment and spark-creating activities (welding, etc.)
- Lots of power for large tools, computer equipment and special projects. We have a variety of single-phase 220v equipment as well.
- Ground level accommodation is ideal, or alternatively use of a large freight elevator for equipment & project transportation.
- Some Natural lighting via windows or skylight
- Parking lot for use by members & for public events
- Running water (hot and cold)
- Kitchen/Kitchenette & en-suite bathroom (or at the very least, existing plumbing for us to build-out)
- Members require 24/7 access to the space
- Garage door for automotive work
- Built-in dust collection system, air compressor circuit, etc.
- Space already separated by walls to keep dust from electronics area, etc. We have three areas, a clean workroom, lounge area (doubles as project storage) and a dirty tool room for power tools, wood and metalworking.
- External space for outdoor-oriented projects
See also Ideal Kwartzlab