Board Meeting 104
Revision as of 14:58, 5 June 2013 by Dscassel
|Board Meeting 104|
|Address||33 Kent Ave. Kitchener, ON|
|Meeting Type||Board Meeting|
Call to Order
- Meeting called to order by (name) at hh:mm
Approval of the Agenda
- All in favour:
Report from the President
Report from the Treasurer
Membership Changes Logging
- New Members:
- Chris Gibson
- Mark Kochut
- Members Leaving:
Membership Dues Owed Follow Up
Roland Milling Machine
Kwartzlab Booth for Maker Faire
Deadline for nominations is tomorrow. Do we have enough people on the ballot? Or will Verdi from DIYode be elected by acclamation?
AGM proxy votes and remote participation
Drafting a motion for the general meeting
- Limiting number of proxies a person can hold
- Adhering to OCNA 2010
- Other mechanisms for remote voting
- 2013 AGM announced and call for nominations posted
- Darcy proposed June 20th (Thursday) 7:30pm
- Need to recruit new candidates
- For AGM, as we'll probably have 44 members for then. Quorum requires 1/4 of membership or 10 people, which is 11 members to be present.
- Action Item: Doug investigating state of proxies for the AGM. December meeting was temporary and Ontario bylaws have changed around this. Doug will report back to the board.
Biking event Restrospective
- June 2th - Animate The Trail - on the Iron Horse trail. Ed Maste is one of the organizers for the event.
- Mark's interested in having an open house for Kwartzlab during the event for people to get familiar with the lab.
- Suggestion of handing out flyers for the Maker Faire as well, or have common locations for flyers
- Mark to head up running of the hosting at the lab
Internet Speed Issues
- We know it's not stable. Ben has emailed Cedric about the connection. Mark has as well a few weeks ago.
- Considering looking at other options related to upcoming events
- Ben to provide a report on this
- Action Item: Ben working on automated script working - something not running right, Ben to investigate
- Action Item: Rob to update clean up instructions to include garbage info
Youth (16 or younger) Membership
- James - concern about liability on our behalf
- Mark - parents should sign a waiver for their children
- Darcy - we need to discuss with a lawyer
- Would be good to have waivers signed regardless
- What's the liability implication of minors in the space - for advice from lawyer
- minors can't sign contracts. Parents can.
- Action Item: Gus to talk with lawyer and we'll follow up next meeting - Darcy need to follow up
- discussion items:
- 24 keyed access for kids? Can they bring their friends as guests (without adult supervision)?
- legal liability, if a 16 yr old cuts off their finger, vs an 18 yr old? If a kid's guest cuts off their finger?
- can a 16 yr old sign the audit waver form?
- No new info on this topic. Still waiting for lawyer's info from Gus.
Buildout / Prep
- Not much is happening with this right now.
- Action Item: Ben - sign creations - done, needs to be put up, issues with lighting being worked on
- Action Item: Drywall panelling / mudding - on hold for 2nd floor
- Action Item: 2nd floor - Rob - kitchenette floor
- Action Item: Power panel needs remapping and reorganization and plumbing drain tube needs to be moved
- Action Item: James - needs to install the door strike. Back door first
- Action Item: Welding area - Need to remove slot wall (safety), steel shelving to replace slot/peg board. Fireplace backing sheets recommended.Can hang the welding curtains in the meantime.
- Action Item: Rob or Ben - garbage run needs to happen again (ceiling tiles, etc)
- Action Item: Karl - carpeting to stairwell and bathroom
- Action Item: Plumbing vent - Taylor?
- Action Item: Paint outside of building - will need budgetary review
- Action Item: Get and run sawdust duct work, interim piping can be made up until fully planned piping done
- Mark - Ontario Arts council - found other funds to investigate as well - period doesn't start until 2014
- Action Item: James - we've had the tool meeting, now to prioritize and purchase the tools. Some tools are being purchased already, others being investigated
- Action Item: Darcy to do press release and blog posting - Press advisory instead of a release - paused for now
- Action Item: Need to pick a day for the party (TBD related to move) - Not done yet, need to give dignitaries 3-4 weeks lead time - paused for now
Health and Safety
- Discussion came up after the vote about getting more information around this
- Discussions over changing policies for Tuesday open nights for non-members and usage of tools and restricting usage of them
- Tagging of tools for various levels of complexity
- Some posters have been posted
- Action Item: Fire extinguishers need to be recharged, mounted and signed in new space. They currently are around the space, just need to formalize locations
Action item review
Move to adjourn at hh:mm Forwarded by: Second: In favour:
- A minimum of 4 Directors are needed to make quorum