Board Meeting 093
Revision as of 00:28, 15 January 2013 by Radlers
Call to Order
- Meeting called to order by Darcy Casselman at 20:02
Approval of the Agenda
- Motion Forwarded: Darcy
- Motion Second: Ben
Report from the President
- We're Awesome
- Nothing else to report
Report from the Treasurer
- Two reimbursements for buildout - Kent St.
- Will need to contribute into the emergency fund moving forward to account for new situation
Membership Approval for Mike Robertson
- Unanimous vote via mailing list
- Action Item: Add to mailing lists: Rob to add Mike to mailing lists - Done
- Action Item: Membership dues, etc.- Mark said that Mike would come by to pay Ben. Doug had emailed Mike earlier.
Membership Dues Owed Follow Up
- Ben - still working on the December dues since holidays caused some lateness by members
Automotive repair in Kwartzlab
- ISTR a clear consensus that we didn't want people fixing cars in the lab, even if we had a garage door.
- We have a garage door.
- It's possible I'm imagining things, so let's make a decision.
- Hire somebody?
- Action Item: Darcy - Look into snow service to handle snow clearing for the winter
- Taylor - $49.09 for laser light and Kent St. Build out
- Ben - $100 to Christian for cart at Kent St.
- Action Item: Ben to cut the cheques
- Table saw - saw stop - Safety item - Mark found out it costs $1500 rather than $10000.
- Replacement cartridges when safety triggered is about $80-100
- lockouts and restricting non-members to saw usage is also considered
Upper Floor Safety Inquiry
- To address the question about fire safety questions about the second floor.
- Action Item: Talk with Christian about this question - Ben
- Split plan action
- Build out / planning for 33 Kent St.
- Finalize layout
- Mark's proposal layout
- Laser wall - go ahead
- Kitchenette upstairs - go ahead
- Downstairs Sink location - Under the stairs is primary location. If not, mid building.
- Carpet vs sand/finish upstairs - decision - wood floors
- Main concrete floor - still requires some additional investigation. Possible scraping only required.
- Approving expenditures
- Approvals via mailing list - case by case
- Receipts required
- Ben to keep running cost for build out going to help monitor expenditures
- Move planning and prep for Duke St.
- Magazines - need to be sorted and throw out the other items
- Couches - garbage
- clean room tables coming over
- Metal break - needs to be decommissioned before moving
- Laser - decommision and move
- Garbage area
- Move item area
- Bar coming over
- Reminder for members to get their stuff out of the old space that isn't coming over to the new space - 21st
- Need truck rental to move big stuff - Action Item: Reserve truck - 19th
- Front desk stays
- Don's stuff is scheduled to be out of that space
- bookshelves stay
- Previous Action Item: Darcy to do press release and blog posting - Press advisory instead of a release
- Previous Action Item: Need to pick a day for the party (TBD related to move) - Not done yet, need to give dignitaries 3-4 weeks lead time
- Doug would like to look into getting the 3D printer with Trillium grant money sooner than later, possibly for the party event
- Need to re-get quotes for the items listed from the grant to help start the purchasing process - can be done by members to get 3 quotes and bring those back to the board for review
- Action Item: Darcy - original quote list can be scanned and put up on the wiki, currently sent via Admin mailing list
- Proposed Date: Feb. 8th
Hackademy Collaboration - Family Day (To Be Named)
- No updates from Doug this meeting. Going to follow up on the various details moving forward.
Health and Safety
- Discussion came up after the vote about getting more information around this
- Doc is concerned about people not wearing eye protection. The board supports his advocacy to have proper protection. Glasses have been purchases and brought to Kent for the build out
- Discussions over changing policies for Tuesday open nights for non-members and usage of tools and restricting usage of them
- Tagging of tools for various
Action item review
Move to adjourn at 22:22 forwarded by: Darcy Second: James All in favour: Unanimous
- A minimum of 4 Directors are needed to make quorum