Our goal is to have the space ready for a February 1st grand opening!
Timetable for Moving
- Decide which walls to be knocked down. Has a plan been decided on?
- Start knocking down walls Dec. 23
- Build wall for laser room
- set up shelving
- mid-January: move laser
- move bins
There are various projects that need someone to head them up. If you can volunteer for them (lead or otherwise), please drop your name in the project list.
- Require a new sign for the back of the building (currently unlit, looking for solutions)
- Require a new sign for the front of the building
- Remove existing network cabling in the building
- Setup rack/patch panel in central location
- Run drops for downstairs work area, tool area and upstairs
- New switches, router and wireless AP (Ben has the equipment)
- Assess current electrical drops from front and rear panels
- Run cabling for larger machines, various drops along walls (and ceiling?)
- Run cabling for upstairs outlets (would also require a 220v for stove, if Kitchen is going upstairs)
- Work on bathroom, check existing plumbing & drainage
- Sink in the clean area would be a plus
- Upstairs sink (If kitchen goes there)
- Upstairs floor needs the most work. Requires sanding/painting at the very least. We may want to cover the existing floor with plywood and paint/put down laminate instead.
- Downstairs floor just needs the carpet ripped up to expose the concrete. The floor is already painted at some spots, perhaps we could look at a non-skid coating, etc.
- Knocking out existing walls (GUS SMASH)
- Building new walls per our layout
- Repair existing drywall
- Figure out location for our already-purchased dust collector
- Work with electrical team for 220v drop
- Plan venting in regards to machine locations