I’ve been wanting to make an Art Bot since last summer, and I am happy to report it has finally come to completion!
I more or less followed the instructions for the project from Wired Magazine found here. One modification I did was to glue vinyl tubing to hold the markers instead of tape, which makes it super easy to swap out the makers. I also added a plastic container with marbles as a counter weight to the battery pack which adds to the fun of the bot! I might try throwing some jingle bells in there next time to see if it will make music. The hot glue gun was key in making this craft happen. The motor and battery pack were purchased at KW Surplus.
Get crafty this summer and make an Art Bot!