By Eric Gerlach
KwartzLab Junkyard is tomorrow (Saturday the 10th) from 1 PM to 7 PM! Come out to KwartzLab (283 Duke St W, Unit #106) to see what we Makers have been hoarding
Remember, everything you see here is donate-what-you-can/donate-what-its-worth and all proceeds go to the KwartzLab Big Tool Acquisition Fund! We use that fund to help us acquire Big Tools like Laser Cutters, 3D printers, and CNC mills.
There’s a lot of great stuff here, and I saved the best for last, so make sure to read all the way to the bottom…
Let’s get started, shall we? (pictures below the fold)
In this first photo, I spy:
- Some Wiimote-like things that plug into a USB port
- Two honkin’ 70VDC motors
- A few project boxes
- A 12VDC power supply
- And a bunch of other stuff
In pic #2, I see:
- A CRT monitor
- Two sets of speakers
- Two scanners
- A bunch of mice
- Some headphones
- A 12V motor with a car-power attachment
Now this is getting interesting………
- We’ve got a Sound Mixer
- A table microphone
- A digital Qur’an
- A digital drumkit (makes no noise, but the pads work)
- Another set of speakers
- And…. Could it be? Real “DJ Pauly D Headphones”? Who cares. They work as headphones, though.
Here’s a few interesting and classic items:
- A Silver(?) drink serving set
- A Hi-8 Camcorder
- Another hand-scanner
- And a couple of hand drill-presses (drill not included)
And now… the picture you’ve all been waiting for….
WOW! This is amazing!
- Not one, but two OLPCs!
- A bunch of robot things (including two robot dogs!)
- That pink bag halfway back on the right? That’s full of hairdryers!
- 4 monitors, 3 of them LCD! (though some of the LCDs are flaky)
- 2 whole computers!
- And more!
If those pictures aren’t enough to entice you to come out for KwartzLab Junkyard tomorrow, Saturday September 10th from 1 PM to 7 PM, I don’t know what is. And this isn’t even everything that will be there! Members are still bringing more stuff out tomorrow! You never know what you’ll find!