This is a new projector mount we designed, built, and installed in the lab tonight. Many thanks to Ed and Gus for working with me on this to git ‘r done in time for the 5+5 event on the 26th. Now our speakers will have a projector available.
More after the break…
I relinquished the ladder to Ed for the second shift.
Here’s a projected video. This is an 8′ screen (diagonal and letterboxed) at 800×600. And there’s Gus checking emails in the dark.
The brightness is great, remote works fine, projection all keystoned and focused.
- get a Kensington-style cable lock to chain the projector to the building
- install a 50′ VGA d-sub15 cable (like this one – $13) for projector input from the bar
- someone mentioned they had a can of reflective “screen” paint (Ben?). We could patch the wall a bit better in a couple places and paint it
- Ben’s cooking up a laptop we can use for speakers that don’t bring their own. Also good for movie night.
- Need a 10′ stereo audio cable extension with 3.5mm jacks to give us a little more rope to the amp
- Source a lavaliere microphone so we can mic speakers to both hear them and record them