So you ever wonder what is really in that iced beverage you are drinking? Well soon members will be able to analysize their drinks and stuff for themselves with this Beckman DU 640 Spectrophotometer.
Here is what this instrument of beauty can do:
Complete Integrated Scanning UV/VIS Spectrophotometer
The DU-640 is a complete standalone system that incorporates all of the needed components: CPU, graphical user interface, monitor, keyboard, 3-button mouse, and I/O ports.
Programs for fixed wavelength, wavelength scanning, scatter correction, net A, time-based kinetic/rate determination, subtraction/addition, and manipulation of spectra are provided with each instrument. Non-volatile memory is standard for storage of methods and data.
Applications-Oriented Quality Results
Applications-Oriented Quality Results**
The basic system provides final answers for applications such as fixed wavelength analysis, wavelength scanning, spectral manipulation, and time-based kinetic/rate determinations. Tailor the system to your needs with easy-to-use but powerful and sophisticated applications software packages. Obtain reliable and accurate results in seconds without the need for an external computer.
Applications Software Options
• Quantitative Total Protein Analysis¹
• Nucleic Acid Determination, including DNA/RNA/Oligo Quantitation¹
• Thermal Melt Analysis for Microvolume Samples²
• Enzyme Mechanism (Determination of Km, Vmax, kcat, Ki)
• Enzyme Activity
• Gel/Film Peak Area and Molecular Weight Determination²
• Fraction Read/Plot
• Single Component Quantitative Analysis
• Multicomponent Analysis by Full Spectrum Quantitation (FSQ™)
• Single Component Dissolution²
• Multicomponent Dissolution² ³
• Content Uniformity
• % Label Claim
• Performance Validation
Dimensions (cm) 53Dx69Wx58H
Power requirements 120VAC 50/60Hz 15A
Operating temperature 15 to +40oC
Wavelength Range 190-1100 nm +/- 0.2nm
Weight c.20 kg
Now I do not know how to do all this, but it came with the manual so we are set, so this is very exciting!